The main duty of the cashier is to collect money from clients in exchange of goods. In this article, you will read about cashier duties description. The cashier is the one who receives money from a customer in the form of cash or electronic money, with the purchased goods. Cashiers working in almost all stores and financial institutions, where do you buy the goods? Be it cinema hall, shop, supermarket or bank cashiers needed for a smooth transaction between customer and supplier. Functions and responsibilities of the cashier is not limited to collecting money, they can vary depending on the type of work. So, scroll down and find out more about the job description cashier.
Cashier duties description. There are no specific educational requirements for the cashier: secondary education, with good knowledge of the foundations of mathematics. Their employers at work teach most tellers, they learn methods of electronic equipment used to record the money transactions. Other basic requirements for the cashier, is the ability to do repetitive work with accuracy, maintain a cheerful attitude to the customer and ability to handle hostile customers. As mentioned earlier, the duties of cashier vary depending on the type of employer. For example, a cashier working in a departmental store to check the prices of all goods purchased by the customer and generates revenue from the bill. While the cashier, who works in a restaurant may be faced with the opportunity to take orders over the phone and he should be aware of the prices of various foods on the menu. Below is a list of basic requirements that need to know the cashier.
* Provide good service to all customers by maintaining a supportive environment.
* Have good knowledge of all products available in store.
* Maintain accurate records of sales of goods and services without any errors.
* To be a means of communication between the client and management.
* Get the amount of the purchase in the form of cash, checks, credit cards, coupons, or automatic debits.
* Finally, calculate the total payment.
* Removal of customer complaints, if any.
* Implementation of sorting, counting and packaging currency and coins.
* Make sure that enough cash at the counter to pay the balance of the client.
The average salary of a cashier. The range of salaries of a cashier is entirely dependent on the type of business where he or she works. Earning a cashier in a restaurant may vary from wage cashier who works at a grocery store. Most cashiers are hired on an hourly basis, where the average starting salary cashier may be somewhere between $ 2.5 to $ 5 per hour. Cashiers who work in shops, provided benefits such as discounts on products, and those who work in restaurants may be eligible for the offer of free meals during working hours. Cashiers working in large companies also offer other benefits such as paid leave and insurance.
III. Rights of a cashier
The cashier has the right:
1. Become familiar with the draft decisions of administration relating to its activities.
2. Make suggestions for improvements associated with this instruction duties.
3. Request in person or on behalf of the company's management of the organization, and other professionals the information and documents necessary to perform its duties.
4. Require the company's management to assist in the performance of their duties and rights.
Responsibility of a cashier
Cashier is responsible for:
1. For the improper performance or failure to perform its duties under this job description - within the existing labor legislation of the given country.
2. For offenses committed in the course of its activities - in the confines of the existing administrative, criminal and civil law.
3. For property damage - within the existing labor and civil law.
This is a summary of the cashier and a description of his work. Being a cashier is a good job, you can go to work part time. Particularly suitable for students who want to earn money while on vacation or free time. Therefore, if you thought you work this summer, you can become a cashier and earn some good money. So, it is up to you to be or not to be a cashier, Good luck!